How do we make our sawdust and shavings eco-friendly?
Here at PH Winterton, we pride ourselves on being very environmentally aware and on finding the best eco-friendly solutions for our production of sawdust and shavings. We installed a state of the art packaging facility and made our expanding fleet as economically efficient as we can. This means you can purchase our animal, cubicle and equine bedding knowing we’re doing everything we can to make it as eco-friendly as possible.
Make your Yard More Eco-Friendly
Here are five ways you can make your yard more environmentally friendly –
• Reduce Eco-Impact – Using P.H Winterton’s range of equine bedding, which consists of renewable resources with wood shavings helps to reduce your impact on the environment. Careful mucking out also reduces the amount of new bedding used in one go.
• Go Green When You Clean – Avoid wasting water by using your horse’s leftover drinking water to soak hay. When washing numnahs and rugs don’t use marine polluting detergents as these can cause allergic reactions in some horses – try a natural alternative such as soapnut shells.
• Feed Naturally – Look out for unprocessed feeds as they benefit your horse, the environment and your bank balance. Forage-based options approved by the Vegetarian Society contain just a handful of ingredients such as Lucerne, grass and beet pulp.
• Greener Paddocks – Solar-powered elective fence energisers save you the hassle of recharging a heavy battery, just make sure you’ve got a back-up battery in the event of no sunshine.
• Eco-Friendly Grooming – If you buy tack avoid petroleum-based synthetic leathers instead look for vegetable-tanned leather. This is more comfortable for you and your horse plus it will last much longer with potentially higher resale value.
Wood-backed brushes with natural horsehair will groom beautifully and they are an alternative to plastic making them environmentally friendly.
Eco-Friendly Products from P.H Winterton and Son
PH Winterton is constantly looking for ways to improve our effect on the environment, and are currently working on producing biomass fuel for the poultry industry, which produces high quality grade A wood residue. Contact us for more information about our products or sawmill waste collections.